Montrose School House Comprehensive Curriculum
Our curriculum for Montrose students aims at stretching fine minds to function at the upper reaches of each child’s capabilities. It offers a stimulating and challenging educational experiences which respond to the characteristics that distinguish potentially gifted students from their more typical age-mates.
In addition to emphasizing basic skills, Montrose School’s curriculum is expressly designed to meet multi-dimensional learning needs using a problem solving and discovery approach to instruction.
Assessment is an ongoing process with quarterly evaluations and parent/teacher conferences. In preparation for beginning elementary school, records are provided at the closing of Kindergarten.
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics)
- Language Arts
- Foreign Languages
- Computer lab and interactive whiteboards
- Fine Arts
- Field Trips
- Practical Life
- Creative Writing
- Performing Arts
- Physical Education
- Creating a caring learning environment that inspires a commitment to values.
- Fostering values that are woven into the curriculum and permeate all school activities such as honesty, trust, self-value, friendship, understanding and consideration for others.
- Certified by the State of Maryland Department of Education
- Faculty training in Early Childhood Education, Foreign Languages, Music and the Arts